Hey y’all! So I was nominated by Rachel Vincent to accomplish this tag! Thanks Rachel!
The rules are simple
1.Thank your nominator
2. Answer at least any 8 questions about your writing
3. Nominate 5 other people
- When did you first show a big interest in writing?
I remember it was about 2nd grade. My teacher would give us very random topics to write about. We would write about blueberry muffins to the tallest person in the world! I remember not struggling at all with coming up about an idea to write about. And I would write 2 to 3 pages at a time.
- Is writing something that comes easy to you?
It does. I feel that I can explain myself through writing more-so than talking sometimes. Even when doing a short book summary I end up writing two pages. It isn’t a struggle, it comes naturally. So when my teacher says “write 500 words or more” I take that seriously and write about 1,000 instead.
- Are you published yet?
Not yet. But in a year or so I hope to complete the first book in my christian mystery series: Triple J Mysteries. The title of the book being: The Campout Crisis. After that I hope to have my christian, romance, war novel: Hope published as well.
- What style and genre do you like to write in?
- Historical (during wars or significant events)
- In the years past. (Like the middle ages, old west , rennaissance, etc)
- And once in a GREAT while, fiction
- What gives you ideas to write about?
I love reading. So everytime I’ll read a book and idea pops into my head. “That will make a good book title” or “That is what my book could be about!” And I just go from there.
Note: If you ever get writers block; read a good book and the ideas will start coming fast! It also helps you improve your vocabulary and grammar.
- Have you ever written a story with a friend?
I have. I am working on a book right now with Izzypopcorn entitled: Growing Flames, Glowing Hearts.
- Have you ever finished reading an entire book series?
Yes. The first series I completed was a christian mystery series called; Camp Club Girls. I have almost finished: The Boxcar Children, Nancy Drew, and Dear America.
- What helps you with using good penmanship?
Writing a lot. When you are given a writing assignment don’t type it, write it! And even when you don’t have a writing assignment, write in a journal or diary to keep up your penmanship. Nobody likes a story they can’t read!
- Would you recommend a pen name when writing? And do you use one?
I don’t have a pen name at the moment, but I have different choices to choose from.
If you don’t want to give out your real name: then yes
If you have a different or long name that is hard to spell/pronounce: then yes.(I have a weird last name)
Because how will people find your writings online if they can’t remember your name! Or if they ask for your book at a library, the librarian needs to know the name!
So that’s all the questions!
Hope y’all enjoyed!
And I can’t think of any more!